Re: [xsl] Xalan redirect extension error?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan redirect extension error?
From: Jason Varsoke <jvarsoke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 08:31:06 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jarkko Moilanen <Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx> wrote:
> The http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CB page contains
> solution to your issue.
>
> If you are using the standard Xalan distribution package, the
> solution
> would be (and You are located in the extensions folder):
>
> java
> -Xbootclasspath/p:../../bin/xalan.jar:
> ../../bin/xercesImpl.jar:
> ../../bin/xml-apis.jar
> org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN 1-redir.xml -XSL 1-redir.xsl

Jarkko, that worked wonderfully.  Thanks.  I had read the FAQ and had
assumed that the bullet point directly above the solution you mentioned
was an alternative way of fixing the JDK1.4 problem.  That is I thought
that you could either put the jar files in the ./jdk/lib/endorsed
directory or use the -Xbootclasspath option.  My conclusion was mostly
drawn from the experience that after I put the jars in the endorsed
directory (as the FAQ specifies) I could get non-extension xsl parsing
without errors.

But I guess it really doesn't matter what the work around is, as long
as it works.  Thanks again.

-jason