RE: [xsl] Namespaces II

Subject: RE: [xsl] Namespaces II
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 21:44:27 +0100

> Thanks for your answer - but it doesn't work. I am using
> Saxon 7.6 and i have tried out the copy-namespaces="no" but
> the same bad result...

Then I think you still haven't understood the reasons that cause
namespaces to appear in the result tree. They can appear:

(a) because they needed as part of the names of elements and attributes
in the result tree. In this case you can't get rid of them.

(b) because they are copied from the stylesheet, as part of the action
of a literal result element. In this case they can be suppressed using
exclude-result-prefixes

(c) because they are copied from the source document.

When you say "the same bad result" it's not clear what you mean: could
you be more specific please?

Michael Kay