[xsl] Apache Xalan-J XSLTC: how to set for on-demand XSL compilation

Subject: [xsl] Apache Xalan-J XSLTC: how to set for on-demand XSL compilation
From: Gaurav <Gaurav.Gandhi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:14:11 +0530
I am trying to use Xalan-J's compilation based TransformerFactory to create "Translets" on the fly. But dont know how to do that.
(http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/xsltc_usage.html)

Details:

I set the concerned system property to point to Xalans compilation based Transformer

Properties props = System.getProperties();
props.put("javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory", "org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl");

and then set a couple of attributes as follows:

transformerFactory.setAttribute("translet-name", convId);
transformerFactory.setAttribute("destination-directory", "/uwc_base/dist/JDK1.4_DBG.OBJ/WEB-INF/lib");
transformerFactory.setAttribute("package-name", "com.blah.translets");
transformerFactory.setAttribute("jar-name", "iabs-translets.jar");
transformerFactory.setAttribute("generate-translet", Boolean.TRUE);
transformerFactory.setAttribute("use-classpath", Boolean.TRUE);
_templates = transformerFactory.newTemplates(new DOMSource(xslDoc));

Now, the "use-class" property = true, indicates that the the TransformerFactorty should expect a precompiled Translet (Java Class representation of XSL) at the ClassPath.
For this I will have to make sure that the translet is generated before the application starts.

If "use-class" property = false, the TransformerFactory will compile the XSL into translet on its own.

I would like a way where XSLTranformerFactory determines on its own whether a Translet is already existing. If yes, it shoud use it, and if no it should generate it.
Is there a way that can be done by setting some attribute of the factory, and without me having to write code to check the presence of the translet.
I read from somewhere that setting the attribute "use-from-classpath" to true, accomplishes that, but looks like the XSLTC factory does not support that attribute.

Gaurav