[xsl] Looking up keys in a separate xml file

Subject: [xsl] Looking up keys in a separate xml file
From: Scott Anguish <sanguish@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:42:29 -0500
Hi all

I've looked in the FAQ, but didn't see anything related to this (at least didn't appear to be related).

I've got two xml files, one with descriptions, and the other with items that use those descriptions.

the lookup and key functions work fine as long as the descriptions xml and the items xml are in the same file.

the problem is that the items data is autogenerated, which is why I'm keeping the descriptions separate.

I've been unable to figure out how to make my lookups be done on the contents of the other file. Instead I run two xsl scripts, one that merges them, and then another that operates on that result.

Is it possible to do this in a single operation? I tried match="document('thedocument.xml')/descriptions", but xsltproc barfed on that.

thanks

scott