Re: [xsl] self closing elements with attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] self closing elements with attributes
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:00:31 -0500
Hi Brendan,

The fact that you can duplicate the behavior in more than one processor indicates it's not simply a processor bug.

Could you be more explicit please about a couple of details?

* what is the actual name of the element(s) involved (which you're calling 'foo')?
* what output method, if any, is designated in the stylesheet?
* what is the root element of your output?

These questions are relevant because a serializer is allowed to write old-fashioned SGML syntax when outputting with the HTML method, for elements that are empty in HTML (img, br, hr, meta etc.). (HTML uses SGML syntax, after all.)

If this is the problem, the solution is as easy as tweaking the output method to "xml".

Cheers,
Wendell