[xsl] Preserving newline / multi-lines in element content

Subject: [xsl] Preserving newline / multi-lines in element content
From: smallcog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:11:02 +0000
 Hello,

I have an xml file which is generated from a web-interface which allows
the user to input a textfield containing newline characters, i.e.
multi-line text. So my xml file can have the following type of content

<TEXT>the user can input
more than one line
in the multiline textfield</TEXT>

When I run an XSLT on this the new-lines are automatically suppressed and
I end up with one long line. The section of xsl that I use to handle this
is:

<xsl:value-of select="TEXT"/>

Can someone tell me how to preserve the multiline aspect of the original
input, and the xml document resulting from that.

TIA / Colm