[xsl] FW: Using a processing instruction to remove a node

Subject: [xsl] FW: Using a processing instruction to remove a node
From: "Beyer,Nathan" <NBEYER@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:47:34 -0600
I have an XML document with a processing instruction that precedes a
node that I'd like removed, but I'm having trouble with the XSL. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here's an example of the XML document.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
	<node value="1">
		<inner-node>1</inner-node>
	</node>
	<?REMOVE?>
	<node value="2">
		<inner-node>2 - remove me</inner-node>
	</node>
	<node2 value="3">
		<inner-node>3</inner-node>
	</node2>
	<node2 value="4">
		<inner-node>4</inner-node>
	</node2>
</root>

This is the result I want.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
	<node value="1">
		<inner-node>1</inner-node>
	</node>
	<node2 value="3">
		<inner-node>3</inner-node>
	</node2>
	<node2 value="4">
		<inner-node>4</inner-node>
	</node2>
</root>

Here's the XSL I have currently.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8"/>
<xsl:template match="node()">
	<xsl:copy>
		<xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates
select="node()[not(preceding-sibling::processing-instruction('REMOVE'))]
"/>
	</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="processing-instruction('REMOVE')">
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Here's the result that I'm getting.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
	<node value="1">
		<inner-node>1</inner-node>
	</node>
</root>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments
are from Cerner Corporation and are intended
only for the addressee. The information
contained in this message is confidential and
may constitute inside or non-public information
under international, federal, or state
securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding,
printing, copying, distribution, or use of such
information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please
promptly delete this message and notify the
sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you
may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas
City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.