Re: [xsl] Exsl functions in xslt 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] Exsl functions in xslt 2
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:27:02 GMT
  I tried this but of course got problems with data typing.  I tried
  having a stylesheet with version="2.0" import a stylesheet with
  version="1.0" and vice versa, but both produced the same set of errors
  (with Saxon 7.8).

Don't blame me:-)

seriously, You could consider making a comment to the official xslt2
comment list outlining where backward compatibility isn't compatible
enough. I'm sure real examples are helpful to them at this stage.

> ....but msxml4 complains about the 'xs:' namespace.
You could define javascript  xs:integer() and xs:string () in the xs
namespace using msxsl:script

But actually don't the xpath 1 (and 2) functions number() and string()
avoid these errors:

  Required type of first argument of format-number() is number; supplied
  value has type xs:string

  and

  Required type of first argument of concat() is xs:string; supplied
  value has type xs:integer

so you could use number() rather than xs:integer and it should work in
xslt1 shouldn't it?

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew