RE: [xsl] Get path of xsl template

Subject: RE: [xsl] Get path of xsl template
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:13:28 +0200
Hi,

> Please excuse my terminology, I'm not very familiar with xsl.
>
> I'm a little puzzled.  How can the XSL processor not know
> where the template
> is yet it can resolve relative urls?

The template has a base URL, but that information is not accessible from inside the XSLT stylesheet.

> Surely, there must be some function that states the path of
> the xsl template
> is blah?

Nope. There might be extension functions, but none in the XPath rec. When you call the stylesheet for processing, pass the path to the stylesheet using xsl:param. Just like if you wanted to have the current datetime available in the stylesheet.

Cheers,

Jarno - Assemblage 23: King Of Insects (Red Sparrow Remix - 140 BPM)