Re: Follow-up question [Fwd: [xsl] Question about variable-field lookup tables]

Subject: Re: Follow-up question [Fwd: [xsl] Question about variable-field lookup tables]
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:12:20 GMT

> A broader question that I have is how to relate (or tie) the nodes in
> the main XML file when the context has switched to the lookup file.

use a variable. while you are on the T element in your main file, go

<xsl:variable name="thisid" select="@id"/>

Then use this variable as in

If the code to generate the p element isn't in the same template you
will need to pass $thisid as a parameter to the template.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew