[xsl] nearly FAQ .. (numbering of elements)

Subject: [xsl] nearly FAQ .. (numbering of elements)
From: Christian Beutenmueller <beutenmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:04:39 +0100
Hi,
I know, that this question is nearly a faq, and I know that it should be possible to solve that problem, using the answers in the archive .. but it seems that I am to stupid (and not really a good funtional programmer).

Ok here is my Problem:
I have an xml file, which looks like that:
<my-foo>
	<text1></text1>

	<question>[..]</question>
	<question>[..]</question>
</my-foo>

Now I need in my output (an xsl:fo with some special extensions) something like:

Q1 [..]
Q2 [..]

for the question tags.
The xslt transformation, I used until now is very simple:
One template for every node that can come after the root node, and a final <xsl:template match="/"> that outputs some static stuff (the page master for the xsl:fo), and then a simple: <xsl:apply-templates />
This simple design works perfect for this little transformation, but I don't know how to implement the numbering.

Thanks in advance

Christian

--

"A truly outstanding programmer can find bugs
buried in a 6 megabyte core dump without using a hex calculator"