Re: [xsl] Empty object

Subject: Re: [xsl] Empty object
From: scott gabelhart <swgabel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:08:16 -0500
Michael Kay wrote:

<OBJECT>&nbsp;</OBJECT> This nonbreaking space character is

needed to

keep the space in this element.

I have included my xsl code and I am using a schema not a DTD.

So where is the &nbsp; entity defined? If it's not defined in a DTD, then

will not get through your XML parser.

Michael Kay

XSL-List info and archive:

Also Michael is adding nbsp to a DTD that you have in your stylesheet the most generic and "best practice" for dealing with this specific issue.

I see other post about changing the &nbsp that are added to the xml input file to &#160; then testing for element that contain this nonbreaking space character ; when found <xsl:text disableoutputescaping>&amp;amp;nbsp;</xsl:text>.

Just want in your opinion the best way to deal with this issue so I can adopt it once and forget about it.