RE: [xsl] Generating the source XML from XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] Generating the source XML from XSLT
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 13:33:32 +0200
Hi,

> I have some XSLT sheets. What i would like to do is generate
> the source XML for which these XSL sheets can be applied to.
> Its like some sort of reverse engineering.
> Any clues/ideas how i could do that.

Because XSLT allows you do write transformations that are not simple one to one conversions, this is more or less impossible, except for rare and highly restricted stylesheets. But if you have written the stylesheets, you should know what the input vocabularies are like; if the stylesheets are by someone else, I recommend you ask them what the vocabulary is they're written to process, instead of trying to reverse engineer them.

Cheers,

Jarno