Re: [xsl] Identity Transformations

Subject: Re: [xsl] Identity Transformations
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:08:15 -0500
At 2004-03-02 19:34 -0700, Karl J. Stubsjoen wrote:
The following apply-templates:

<xsl:apply-templates select="$c"/>

How did you declare $c?

Is not getting me to:

<xsl:template match="@* | node()">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

I'm not sure what is wrong.  I am apply-templates with a variable and not
the original document tree.  Is this the problem?

It is not prohibited at all provided your $c is of type node-set. If it isn't a node-set, you should be getting a runtime error.

Remember that node-set variables are just collections of pointers into the tree, a node is never taken "out" of a tree ... when you process a node from within the tree or from a node-set variable the same result occurs because the node is just the node sitting in the tree.

--
US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22
World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training