RE: [xsl] Root when the current node is part of Parameter Result Tree Fragement/Nodelist

Subject: RE: [xsl] Root when the current node is part of Parameter Result Tree Fragement/Nodelist
From: "Colin Toal" <colin_toal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:54:27 -0500

> The problem is that - within the context of the ParamColour matching
> template, the key object doesn't seem to be defined - in fact,

Hi,

The actual problem seems to be that your xsl:param is being defaulted to a
string type. Try setting the type to RTF explicitly like:

Actually - I'm using the 1.1/2.0 implementation of XSLT in SAXON 7.8 - it handles the node-set type parameters just fine without extensions. So far I'm extension function free - but using an 'unreleased' XSLT standard.

> even root of this context node ( i.e. <xsl:copy-of select="//" /> is only
the
> Parameter contents. This makes me very sad.

Yes, but in the context of the Object template it makes you happy (?) Does
it work in there?

I think you mis-understand me. The key is actually unavailable in the context of the child node of the $OtherExpr/ParamColour node. It's like it comes from a completely different source document (which, in a way I guess it does.) I've worked around it by passing the key member I'm interested in as a parameter when the $OtherExpr/ParamColour matching template is pushed - but this feels like a hack to me - might just be my lack of familiarity with XSLT.

Hope this helps!

It does - thank you for the reply - but I think we might be looking at two separate problems.

Thanks again,
Colin