RE: [xsl] xsl search engine

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl search engine
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:11:13 +0200
Hi,

> > Ok I understood what I didn't understood before, I'm trying
> to make it good
> > and I write back either the solution I found or maybe other
> problems I
> > encountered
> > indeed I encountered other problems :
> > - In the recursive template, there's a problem at the last
> loop cause
> > substring-before the space is empty, but I found a solution

Oh yeah, forgot about that cause I didn't test the code I sent you. Sorry.

> > - there's also the problem of double matched THEME, because
> they have many
> > correspondings strings in label attribute
> > - How to highlight the searched string while displaying the
> label attribute
> > of the THEME elements matched.

Do you mean how to highlight the query tokens in the label? Recursive templates again, though it becomes harder if multiple query token match a single label and if they overlap.

> > So I'm working on it (it's about to be over) and come back
> in a while...
> >

> I originally went this route some time ago. I have since used Jakarta
> Lucene to index XML putting content and certain elems/attrs
> into fields.
> It is very fast to index and search. If you are using java, I would
> suggest using lucene. They have some examples of how to do this (it's
> not hard).

I second Robert's suggestion—Lucene's a good tool and might make your life a lot easier in the long run.

Cheers,

Jarno - KiEw: DCDisk (Rotersand vintage rework)