[xsl] XSL-List Software Changes on Saturday

Subject: [xsl] XSL-List Software Changes on Saturday
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:30:11 -0500
Hold on to your hats!  For the first time in years XSL-List is
moving - to a new server with new software. The move is scheduled
for this Saturday. The list hosting vendor promises me that the
move will be uneventful, and that the only changes we will see
are:

   1. The digest will now go out exactly once a day (instead
      of which ever comes first - a certain volume of content
      or once a day). This means that digests may be bigger.

   2. The subscribe and unsubscribe procedures will change (I
      will update the web site when it happens).

   3. Unsubscribing members who's mail is bouncing will
      change. Starting Saturday, if a message cannot be delivered,
      the system tracks it, and the subscriber will eventually
      receive a notification that they missed a message.  This is
      how the bounce removal process works.  Basically, you miss
      one or more messages, and 3 days later, the system will
      send you a "warning" informing you of this.  If the
      warning bounces, 3 days later, you will receive a final
      probe.  If this bounces too, you are removed from the list.
      If either are delivered, your status is reset.

If you observe any problems with the list, please let me know.

-- Tommie
B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx