Re: [xsl] Newbie - trying to extract specific values from XML file.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Newbie - trying to extract specific values from XML file.
From: Julian Voelcker <asp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:18:45 GMT
Hi Charles,

> Your description is very light on details and of a general nature, so in a general way, yes, it makes sense.

OK, to provide you with a bit more info...

I have a long html file (see http://hq.tvw.net/template.html) that includes a mass of merge codes from an old program.

The merge codes are encompassed in « » delimiters.

The source data is in the format already described (see http://hq.tvw.net/sourcedata.xml for the full file - note it includes quite a few irrelevant answers that are ignored (e.g. 1. Restriction & Conditions))

Rather than write my own mail merge engine or use a 3rd party product someone has suggested that I can do the same sort of thing using XSL.

I am therefore considering creating an XSL template to recreate the html file but replacing the old merge codes with XSL logic.

OK, there is a little bit more than that, but it should give you a better idea of what I am trying to do.

--
Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
United Kingdom