RE: [xsl] Omnimark vs. XSL (Saxon) Challenge

Subject: RE: [xsl] Omnimark vs. XSL (Saxon) Challenge
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:37:27 +0100
On 18.03.2004 (10:20 Uhr +0000), Andrew Welch wrote:

>Heres a potential solution...

[...]

>This is linear, so hopefully you can use it. Please post back any
>comments/improvements.

Andrew,

That is great. I can't even see a difference in performance between my 4 and 256 row test tables! It is always below two seconds!

I removed the code that came from my width-collecting requirement and will post the rest as a general table normalization stylesheet in a different post for easier retrieval ("Table Normalization").

Now with 2 seconds (XSL) against 32 seconds (Omnimark) it looks like a clear win.

Thanks a lot! I learned a lot, too!

- Michael

Dipl.-Ing. Michael M|ller-Hillebrand

"Mehr Effizienz f|r Wissensarbeiter" --> http://cap-studio.de