Re: [xsl] Variables and Values

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variables and Values
From: Julian Voelcker <asp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:24:59 GMT
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:15:25 +0100, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> Does this necessarily *have* to take place at the beginning?

Not necessarily, it's just where it sits in the document I am trying to
work replicate.

Ploughing through the archives, I am starting to realise that the XSLT
will not be able to do all that I want (since I cannot reset variables,
etc) so I think that the best thing for me is to break things down a
bit so that any programming style logic is handled in programming code
before I do the transformation.

As Jeni has pointed out in an answer to a related question..
> But as others have said, you can't update a variable in XSLT, and
> saying that you want to is usually a sign that you're approaching a
> problem in an inappropriate way.

This way I just need to check the values in the XML files, which will
make things a lot easier.
--
Cheers,

Julian Voelcker