[xsl] Validating xslt against a schema for the document I want to trans form

Subject: [xsl] Validating xslt against a schema for the document I want to trans form
From: "Windsor, Michael" <Michael.Windsor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:27:12 -0000
I'm writing a lengthy transform for some xml data for which I have a
detailed xsd file. It occurs to me that as a useful, quick validation to
ensure that I have spelled node names right and got paths correct, it would
be great to be able to validate my xslt against the schema for the document
I want to transform. This way, if I tried to follow a path that did not
exist or access a node name that was not permitted in the document, I would
get a warning message.

I'm not aware of any tool to do this but I'm new to xml and related matters
so I was wondering if anyone else does know how to do this. I have the
latest version of XMLSPY; information I'm sharing with you in case this will
do exactly what I want and I just haven't noticed...

Thanks,
Mike

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. 90312. Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and represents The Royal Bank of Scotland Marketing Group. The Bank sells life policies, collective investment schemes and pension products and advises only on the Marketing Group's range of these products and on a With-Profit Bond produced by Norwich Union Life (RBS) Limited.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is accepted by The Royal Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.