RE: [xsl] XSL and FO

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL and FO
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:17:54 -0500
XSLT files (the ones that have <xsl:template> in them) are used to transform XML files into other files, usually, but not always, into other types of XML files. XSL-FO is one of those kinds of XML files. So if your goal is to produce an XSL-FO file from an XML file using XSLT, you are going to find elements with the fo: namespace in the XSLT file.

The processing pipeline would look like this:

            | XSL Transform Engine | -> XSL-FO -> |  FOP | -> PDF

HTML tags are not XSL-FO, so I would expect FOP (a program designed to consume XSL-FO files) to ignore HTML tags, as they are not part of XSL-FO.

--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email