Re: [xsl] Symbol handling in XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Symbol handling in XSLT
From: Alex <alexscott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:13:27 +0000
I think this is a fix at:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200108/msg00541.html

However I don't understand it.
and I presume this is off topic.

Oh well, :-()

---
Alex.

Julian Reschke wrote:

Alex wrote:

If I add to the XSL: <xsl:output method="html" encoding="ISO-8859-1" /> It does not make any difference to the output. The problem is happening further down the pipeline.

Possibly in the parser?

If I use Xalan to parse it I get:
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">

If I use MSXML to parse it I get
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-16">

I think that I need to change response.charset

I wonder if this is what has caused the erroneous ? marks.

Again:

If this is served from IIS, you almost certainly have XSLT/ASP bug #1: sending the transformation result as a string to the response object, instead of using transformNodeToObject.

Regards, Julian