Re: [xsl] how to test if a child node have a specific name?

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to test if a child node have a specific name?
From: "Chen Yi" <chen_yi36@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:52:50 +0800
Thanks for you explanation.
Your explanation is easily understand.
I think you have grasp the prime of XSLT.
I have two basic questions.
(1) what can I do to skip the text with newline and name ""? (2) <xsl:variable name="Operator">
<xsl:if test="child::*[1][self::AND]>
<xsl:value-of select="'AND'"/>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:variable>

So if the first element have the name 'AND', the Operator variable will have a text of AND.
And I use the following expression to test if Operator is set.

 <xsl:if test="$Operator = 'AND'">
 </xsl:if>

I konw the content of Vairable Oprator is a tree segment with a root node and a text. What the Oprator will like if the first child element is not AND?

 Thanks in advance
 Chen Yi