RE: [xsl] Group and compare data

Subject: RE: [xsl] Group and compare data
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:33:30 +0100
> Hmm bugger.  I am running a strictly MS solution here, but perhaps I
> should look into the saxon.net port

Sun Java, and Saxon, run just fine on a Microsoft platform. You have to do a
bit of plumbing to connect between the MS and Java worlds if your
application is part one and part the other, but it's entirely doable.

> I'll guess it must have been up on this list a thousand times before,
> but does anyone have a good clue on wheter MS is going to support
> XSLT2, and what the future for eg. MSXML is.

Various bloggers inside Microsoft have said they aren't implementing XSLT 2.

I think MSXML is a victim of the open-source competition. It's an excellent
bit of technology, but Microsoft were forced to give it away for free, and
when it came to producing a business case for upgrading it, they couldn't
make one. That's my reading between the lines, anyway. I don't know what the
moral of the tale is... you can draw your own.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/