Re: [xsl] position and grouping?

Subject: Re: [xsl] position and grouping?
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 19:04:44 -0400
OK, remembering a debugging suggestion from David, on this ...

On Oct 15, 2004, at 5:46 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

I need to send this again, as I am no closer to understanding why this
is not working.  Name order is correct, until I have more than one
mods:mods element with the same mods:name content.  Example output is
now like:

Amin, A.  (1994) Post-Fordism: Models, Fantasies and Phantoms of
Transition, In A. Amin Ed., Post-Fordism: A Reader (Oxford:Blackwell
Publishers)   pp. 2345.

Arendt, H. (1959) The Human Condition, New York:Doubleday.

N. Brenner (1999) Globalisation as Reterritorialisation: The
Re-scaling of Urban Governance in the European Union, Globalisation as
ReterritorialisationUrban Studies, March , 36(3) pp. 43151.

N. Brenner (2000) The Urban Question as a Scale Question: Reflections
on Henri Lefebre, Urban Theory and the Politics of Scale,
International Journal of Urban and Regional Research,  24(2) pp.
36178.

Here's what I get with xsl:message for this content:

    current() is [[AshAminauthor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[1]]

    current() is [[AshAmineditor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[1]]

    current() is [[ArendtHannahauthor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[1]]

    current() is [[BrennerNeilauthor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[1]]

    current() is [[NeilBrennerauthor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[1]]

For contexts in which it works correctly in multi-author works, I get:

    current() is [[MitchellAlisonauthor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[1]]

    current() is [[BruniFrankauthor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[2]]

    current() is [[TestaBernardauthor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[1]]

    current() is [[LamontBTierauthor]]
    name() is [[name]]
    position() is [[2]]

So what is this telling me?  I still am not seeing why I'm not getting
what I expect.  What I see is that the context is correct.

Bruce