Re: [xsl] union vs. "or" vs. contains?

Subject: Re: [xsl] union vs. "or" vs. contains?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:03:25 +0100
> So, I guess the alternative is something like the following on every
> main template?

the usual alternative to putting a global switch on a match pattern
predicate is to put it on the select attribute on the apply templates.

<xsl:apply-templates/>

<xsl:template match="*"/>

<xsl:template match="*[$foo='x']">zzz</xsl;template>

produces zzz for each element if foo is x and nothing otherwise.

The following does the same, but I think it's clearer, and it's probably
more efficient as the test only has to be done once, not on every
element that might possibly match.

<xsl:apply-templates select="*[$foo='x']"/>
or perhaps clearer
<xsl:if test="$foo='x'">
 <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:if

<xsl:template match="*">zzz</xsl:template>

David

http://www.star.net.uk