RE: [xsl] HTML sortable columns

Subject: RE: [xsl] HTML sortable columns
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:43:21 +0300
Hi,

> I'm actually asking this question "for a friend".
>
> In the generic context of some application/webserver, does
> anyone have
> any XSL suggestions or examples for presenting a table
> (generated from
> XML data) with headers that let the users sort the data by different
> columns?

The solution is partially out of scope for XSLT. Your friend can implement
sorting by retransforming the source and passing the sort key name as a
parameter, but they need to write non-XSLT code to handle the retransform
requests, be it e.g. Java at server-side and ECMAScript at browser-side.

Cheers,

Jarno - VNV Nation: Honour (Juno version)