Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 *and* XSLT 1.0 validation -- how to?
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:20:07 -0400
On Oct 22, 2004, at 10:38 AM, Michael Kay wrote:

Actually, a valid XSLT 2.0 stylesheet that specifies version="2.0" is a
valid XSLT 1.0 stylesheet, because of forwards-compatibility mode.

It seems that Norm's stylesheet is still conditioning validation on the version though (which is useful; if I'm working on a 1.0 stylesheet, I really don't want my editor to tell me 2.0 features are valid).

A fragment:

version = "2.0"

literal-result-element-as-stylesheet =
  element * - xsl:* {
    attribute xsl:version { version },
    literal-result-element-no-version.atts,
    template.model
  }

http://norman.walsh.name/2004/07/25/examples/xslt20.rnc

I'd really like XML Schema get this functionality.

Bruce