Re: [xsl] Escape Special Characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Escape Special Characters
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:24:44 +0100
> I'm baffled by this use of &amp;. I have to use it
> twice for each & sign in the URL to get the variables
> passed correctly. Does someone have explanation for
> this?

You didn't show the output you got, or the correct output thatyou
The output from the code you showed should be rather odd.
Most of your text is in xsl:text and the usual reason for using xsl:text
is to allow indentation of teh stylesheet without it affecting the
result tree, but you also have non-white characters in your text nodes
(&amp;) so the whole text node will be copied to teh output.

	<xsl:attribute name='src'>
		<xsl:text>./php/chart_age.php?     age1=</xsl:text>
		<xsl:value-of select="AGE1"/>&amp;

after the value of AGE1 you generate the character & followed by a
newline two tabs then another &.
As this is in an attribute value where white space would be normalised,
the XSLt engine will have to quote the white space so i would expect
that you woul dget something like