Re: [xsl] Performance degraded with grouping and sorting.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Performance degraded with grouping and sorting.
From: Kevin Jones <kjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 18:00:18 +0100
On Thursday 28 October 2004 15:07, Bhupendra Singh wrote:
> Do you have any ideas how to change the XSLT processor
> properties or move to a better performing processor. I
> am using Xalan processor currently and you are right I
> have a good configuration PC with 1 GB RAM.

In addition to what others have suggested you might also
want to look at XSLTC (the other Apache XSLT processor).
You may already have this installed and its results are at
least average for most things. My experience has been that
it is very hard to tune anything to run well against early
versions of Xalan, the newer ones are getting better but
XSLTC or Saxon would be better starting points if Java is
your thing.

Kev.