Re: [xsl] Modifying XML file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Modifying XML file
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 12:24:01 +0530
Hi,
      In the simplest case, you can achieve this with the following:
<a>
    <c>
<b>

or  as
<xsl:template match="a">
<a/>
<c/>
<xsl:apply-templates select="b"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="b">
<b/>
</xsl:template>

You need to tell us on what condition does 'c' get added and whether 'a'
and 'b' are siblings or does some other relationship exist between them.
I suppose it suffices if you say output method="xml" in your stylesheet.

Regards,
Omprakash.V

                    Jonathan Marenus
                    <jonathanmarenus@        To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    yahoo.com>               cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                                             Subject:     [xsl] Modifying XML file
                    03/01/2005 11:58
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    xsl-list

Hello there,

    Let's say I have 2 XML nodes <a>, and <c>.  My
ultimate goal is to add a third node, <b>, in between
<a>, and <c> in the XML file.  I would like to do this
using an XSL transformation, with both the original
file and the output file in XML format.  What would
this part of the XSL look like?  Also, for the output
to be in XML format, do I ONLY need to change the
output method to "xml", or is there more to it?
Thanks so much.

Jonathan