Re: [xsl] [ANN] practice.xsltwiki.com is now live - was: Re: [xsl] re: how to get variable value outside scope

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] practice.xsltwiki.com is now live - was: Re: [xsl] re: how to get variable value outside scope
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:45:56 +0100
M. David Peterson wrote:

I am at such a loss at to how this doesn't have to do with XSLT. Maybe you had a hard time following that thread and didn't realize
that by propogating bad documentation external to XSL-List will cause
more work and frustration for the list members as those in whom have
learned bad habits from bad documentation are left frustrated and
either turn to the list for help or walk away from XSLT all together. To provide a facility in which encourages the development of not only
coding skills but technical writing skills as well fits right on in
and snuggles on up to the purpose of this list. Better writers means
better documentation which means advancing the profession. Which part
of that is stretching it?

In the nicest way possible, all I am saying is that 'writing' is a general skill, and as much I appreciate your desire to assist....it is so general a topic IMHO doesnt have its place here. Its akin to saying 'I will help you start your car', or 'let me mow your lawn'....helpful.....alright being silly now (first cup of tea and all).

in private email and I'll be sure to set you straight.

lets leave it to the next conference; I will buy the first round of pints.

cheers, Jim Fuller