Re: [xsl] Is there a reason for not using XSLT 2.0 as a default

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is there a reason for not using XSLT 2.0 as a default
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:15:38 GMT
> 	The standard is now pretty stable, correct?

That can't be guaranteed, XSLT 1.1 was just abandoned for example.
I imagine that after this length of time the WG aren't keen to do any
major redesign, but to assume stability at this stage is to assume that
the public common process won't be taken seriously.

That said, I'm using xslt2 more and more, but I'd written quite a lot of
XSLT1 before that was finalised as well.

David

http://www.star.net.uk