Re: [xsl] Variables and HTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variables and HTML
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 22:07:57 GMT
> I will like to have all those entities resolved.  I need to use the
> entities inside the
> variable because I am doing a lot of manipulations with it.

There are no entity (references) in the variable all such references are
expanded to the referenced characters by the XML parser before XSLT

If you had element nodes in the variable instead of a string, you would
find it much easier to manipulate with XSLT which is designed t
manipulate nodes not strings.