RE: [xsl] Variables and HTML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Variables and HTML
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:10:04 -0000
> Why will d-o-e be deprecated in XSLT 2.0 when there are valid
> use cases for
> it?

I think the simplest answer to that is: because it's an architectural
abomination; it requires extensions to the data model that are difficult to
specify and expensive to implement; it can only be made to work in special
cases where the transformer and the serializer are very closely coupled, and
that's something we don't want to encourage.

But when you ask for the reasons why a working group made a particular
decision, you might find that different people give you different answers.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/