Re: [xsl] XSLT 1 and 2 differences (d-o-e and namespaces)

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 1 and 2 differences (d-o-e and namespaces)
From: Midsummer Sun <midsummer.sun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:46:36 +0530
This is an response from Michael Kay which explains my doubt..

<quote>
Disable-output-escaping is generally derided because it's so
frequently misused by beginners who haven't understood that XSLT is
dealing with  trees. But there are use cases for it, and a prime one
is extracting HTML documents or fragments that have been wrapped in an
XML wrapper. It's very problematic architecturally because it distorts
the interface between the transformer and the serializer, and that's
why not every processor supports it. However, there are cases where
it's the best solution available.
</quote>

The explanation is convincing , but .. Michael has mentioned in above
statement.. "however, there are cases where it's the best solution
available" which sounds that d-o-e is an useful feature sometimes. So
why it is considered not a mandatory feature in 2.0..?

Thank you.