Re: [xsl] How Do I Generate A Set-Difference With Context - Part A

Subject: Re: [xsl] How Do I Generate A Set-Difference With Context - Part A
From: "Aron Bock" <aronbock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:53:01 +0000
This is confusing:

There is no "text" attribute with value "aa" in the two xml documents.

It's true that nobody's replied to the first post until now. I didn't, because I didn't find a complete and clear description of the problem -- one has to put some effort in specifying a problem in precise manner, this is a logical pre-condition for people being able to help.

Additionally, if performance is to be optimised, this requires that
real (or at least realistic) input files are included.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.

Uhhh, rats, I missed that and at least 2 typos (though I can't find them now for the life of me :-). So sorry!

Here are the revised feed files. Lets assume the @id attribute on each story is unique. Again, the following applies to the latter question in http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200503/msg00647.html . That is, I'm intertested in a technique to generate final.xml in 1 pass.

feed1.xml ====== <feed> <story @id="1" @date="1" text="a"/> <story @id="2" @date="2" text="a"/> </feed>

feed2.xml ====== <feed> <story @id="1" @date="1" text="a"/> <story @id="2" @date="2" text="a"/> <story @id="3" @date="1" text="b"/> </feed>

If feed2.xml were the "current" feed, and feed1.xml the prior one, I want to end up with the following, in 1 pass. Note that <story @id="1".../> is passed through, though unchanged, because abother story with the same @date, <story @id="3" @date="1".../>, is new.

final.xml
=====
<feed>
<story @id="1" @date="1" text="a"/>
<story @id="3" @date="1" text="b"/>
</feed>

I hope I've provided sufficient context and detail. I'm desisting posting code because it's voluminous (there's little to pare down); I shall should anybofy feel it'll help.

Thank you.

--A