[xsl] xsltSetGenericErrorFunc() and Capturing Error Output

Subject: [xsl] xsltSetGenericErrorFunc() and Capturing Error Output
From: "Anthony M. Gaudio" <agaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:13:07 -0500
Not sure if my last question was clear enough, but I am having problems
getting my code to capture any parser errors.  I have the following code
below:
This was taken from a tutorial posted on the xmlsoft.org site.  I am using
the xsltSetGenericFunc to have *myhandler* function handle the errors
instead of the default.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you
very much.

If you respond, please respond to the list as I will have a better chance in
receiving it.

---------------------- Code Snippet ----------------------------

#include <string.h>
#include <libxml/xmlmemory.h>
#include <libxml/debugXML.h>
#include <libxml/HTMLtree.h>
#include <libxml/xmlIO.h>
#include <libxml/xinclude.h>
#include <libxml/catalog.h>
#include <libxslt/xslt.h>
#include <libxslt/xsltInternals.h>
#include <libxslt/transform.h>
#include <libxslt/xsltutils.h>

/*xsltGenericErrorFunc xslt_error(xsltStylesheetPtr blah);*/

extern int xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue;

static void usage(const char *name) {
    printf("Usage: %s [options] stylesheet file [file ...]\n", name);
    printf("      --param name value : pass a (parameter,value) pair\n");

}

void myhandler(void *ctx, const char *msg, ...) {
    va_list args;

    if (xmlGenericErrorContext == NULL)
        xmlGenericErrorContext = (void *) stderr;

    va_start(args, msg);
    vfprintf((FILE *)xmlGenericErrorContext, msg, args);
    va_end(args);
}

int
main(int argc, char **argv) {
	int i;
	const char *params[16 + 1];
	int nbparams = 0;
	xsltStylesheetPtr cur = NULL;
	xmlDocPtr doc, res;

	if (argc <= 1) {
		usage(argv[0]);
		return(1);
	}

 for (i = 1; i < argc; i++) {
        if (argv[i][0] != '-')
            break;
	if ((!strcmp(argv[i], "-param")) ||
                   (!strcmp(argv[i], "--param"))) {
		i++;
		params[nbparams++] = argv[i++];
		params[nbparams++] = argv[i];
		if (nbparams >= 16) {
			fprintf(stderr, "too many params\n");
			return (1);
		}
        }  else {
            fprintf(stderr, "Unknown option %s\n", argv[i]);
            usage(argv[0]);
            return (1);
        }
    }

	params[nbparams] = NULL;
	xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault(1);
	xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue = 1;
	cur = xsltParseStylesheetFile((const xmlChar *)argv[i]);
   	xsltSetGenericErrorFunc(cur,myhandler);
	i++;
	doc = xmlParseFile(argv[i]);
	res = xsltApplyStylesheet(cur, doc, params);
	xsltSaveResultToFile(stdout, res, cur);

	xsltFreeStylesheet(cur);
	xmlFreeDoc(res);
	xmlFreeDoc(doc);