[xsl] Slightly OT: Formal XSD schema datatype for xpointers?

Subject: [xsl] Slightly OT: Formal XSD schema datatype for xpointers?
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:33:29 -0600
I'm asking here because this is currently the main XML-related list I follow and I'm pretty sure that the folks here will know the answer.

I'm declaring a new XSD schema for my own use and am declaring the XInclude href and xpointer attributes [I feel that that design is the best general design for addresses of XML resources so I use it for everything that has the semantic of referencing XML elements--and no, I don't use XLink for this: short answer: XLink is not appropriate for authoring].

I would like to declare the xpointer attribute with a datatype that actually reflects the basic syntax rules for XPointers and I sort of expected to find a datatype like that defined somewhere in the W3C world of specifications but I couldn't find it.

Does such a datatype exist in a normative or non-normative W3C publication? I suspect the answer is no but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber