[xsl] identity transform filtering nodes

Subject: [xsl] identity transform filtering nodes
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:33:16 +0530
Hi,
      I have a html file with some embedded xml and I would like to get the
xml only if possible by filtering all the html tags using the identity
transform.

I have checked the archive and the solution I got is probably right but Iam
not sure how to make it suit me.

The solution given was

  <xsl:template match="@*|node()">
     <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
     </xsl:copy>
   </xsl:template>

and override the templates for the elements you don't want in your result
tree here to produce nothing:

  <xsl:template match="table">
   </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template match="p">
   </xsl:template>

etc

The above gives me an "Invalid instantiation of 'Attribute' in 'Element'
context." error. But if I replace the xsl:copy-of with xsl:value-of I get
the nodes etc as plain text in my result i.e no "<" or ">".

Kindly let me know how this can be done.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in