Re: [xsl] Scope of xml source, includes, and inline xml

Subject: Re: [xsl] Scope of xml source, includes, and inline xml
From: Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:25:40 -0700
So let me pose a simple example.
The following xml document is our main document, which I still don't
have the terminology for.  It might look like:

<data>
  <foo>1</foo>
  <foo>3</foo>
  <foo>5</foo>
  <foo>2</foo>
  <foo>99</foo>
</data>

Lets say our XSLT creates a global variable "foo_test" and it imports
an external data source which looks like:

<foo_test>
  <foo>3</foo>
  <foo>99</foo>
</test_foo>

Will the following expression work:
<xsl:apply-templates select="data/foo = $foo_test//foo"/>

Resulting in a match on:
foo = 3; and foo = 4

Now, let do the reverse of this and match on all $foot_test foo
elements so we have:
<xsl:apply-templates select="$foo_test//foo"  mode="my_external_foo"/>

And we have the template:
<xsl:template match="foo" mode="my_external_foo">
  <!-- AT THIS POINT..
        HOW DO WE REFER BACK TO MAIN XML SOURCE??? -->

<!-- mabye, but isn't /data/foo out of context??? -->
    <xsl:for-each select="/data/foo">
        <xsl:if test=".=current()/.">
            <!-- I'M ASSUMING WE NEVER MAKE IT HERE -->
        </xsl:if>
    </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>