Re: [xsl] namespaces in xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] namespaces in xslt
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 18:31:38 +0530
Hi,
            Thanks for the suggestion. I had thought of this earlier but
felt I may  not know the exact position that root would appear in my input.
I have since changed my xpath to

/table/tr/root/tr/*[1]

Now, I will have to ensure that the above always evaluates to the node I
want.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

                    David
                    Carlisle             To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    <davidc@xxxxx        cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    o.uk>                Subject:     Re: [xsl] namespaces in xslt

                    04/01/2005
                    06:12 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xsl-list

 //root/*[2], I get nothing.

That searches the whole document (// is an expensive operation) for root
elements and then selects the second child of each of those.

You root element hasn't got two children, just one, a tr, you don't want
a second child, you want a grandchild

//root/*/*

David

http://www.star.net.uk

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in