Re: [xsl] Re: Pass a DOM Node to a XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Pass a DOM Node to a XSLT
From: Jon Gorman <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 10:16:42 -0500
Yes the message made it.  Check the archives if you're unsure.
(Memory serves me right some mailing lists have options to toggle to
let you know if you've posted, but I don't know how this one is set
up.)

Whether that means anyone can or are willing to answer your question
is another answer entirely.  Your post is a bit sparse on details.
Perhaps there's a more Sarissa-centric source of information that
might shed some light on this problem..

I just noticed there is a spelling error (ie dia in the param name and
dias in the select). Is this an error in copying the xslt or is this
in the source?

<snip>
> >         <xsl:param name="dia"/>
                                           ^^^^

</snip>
<snip>
> >                                 <xsl:for-each select="$dias/*">
                                                                        ^^^^
> >                                         <xsl:value-of select="."/>
> >                                 </xsl:for-each>
</snip>

> > I'm trying to pass a node to a XSLTProcessor in Javascript (using
> > Sarissa, actually) but i can't seem to do it. I've tryed the
> > documentElement, selecNodes, selectSingleNode, but nothing seems to
> > work.

If I had any clue how Sarissa worked I might be able to give you some
advice, but I don't.  Sorry.  Almost all my transformations for now
are server-side, not client side.

> > the brwser complains.

Ummm....how so?  Does it just not show the document?  Does it give a
Sarissa specific error?  Does it complain about the weather? Does it
say something along the lines of param not found?

Some people might have seen the DOM in the subject line and seen the
talk about Sarissa and assumed it was a processor specific problem.
If it's the spelling error, that's not the case.  If it is something
else, I'm afraid I can't be of much help.

Jon G.