Re: [xsl] xsl help adding a footer with page number

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl help adding a footer with page number
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:35:24 -0500
josh higgins wrote:
I have the following template specified and I was
trying to add a custom footer to this document. I am
using FO and not html. All I want in the footer is
the page number followed by the word "CURRENT". How
can I do this?

This is a very basic question--I hesitate to answer it because you should really be able to find the answer from the available online FO support materials. I suggest you start with David Pawson's XSL FAQ: http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/xslfaq.html

Another excellent source of knowledge is the DocBook FO-generation XSLTs. While I don't always agree with some of the engineering approaches taken in the XSLT, they certainly demonstrate how to generate all the sorts of FO structures you need for sophisticated documents.

Hint: look for "static-content"

Cheers,

Eliot
--