RE: [xsl] [XSLT] xsl:message output encoding ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] [XSLT] xsl:message output encoding ?
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:56:54 -0500
Then I'd like to ask that it remain implementation-specific, so that I can
keep getting plain text when I run my tools from the command line. I don't
need a bunch of goobledygook cluttering up my debugging messages.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Kevin Rodgers <kevin.rodgers@xxxxxxx>
04/08/2005 04:48 PM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject

Michael Kay writes:
> > Can we specify the output encoding for xsl:message ?
>
> Everything about the output of xsl:message is implementation-defined. So
you
> need to ask the question in relation to a specific product.

Then I would like to formally petition the working group to specify that
the serialization of xsl:message should respect the xsl:output
declaration, just like the serialization of the result document.  How do
I go about that?

--
Kevin Rodgers