Re: [xsl] Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transforming XML Blockquotes - Mixed Content
From: James Fuller <jim.fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:03:25 +0200
Edward Bryant wrote:

> I am having a lot of trouble transforming XML blockquotes that are
> structurally and grammatically correct (i.e, as child elements to a
> parent paragraph tag) into XHTML that will be displayed correctly by a
> browser. Because of two separate IE6 bugs that prevent a blockquote
> from being structured as the child of a paragraph, I pretty much need
> the XSL output to be

> However, the XML is structured like this:

>   yackity yack</p>

your best bet is to remove all <p/>'s and then apply text() matching
template that wraps text with <p/>, along with a blockquote template
that just copies itself.

actually (as it weirdly seems) there was a similar type problem earlier
today on the list

search the archives for the following subject line

Re: [xsl] Transformation problem tei > xhtml

this should put you on the right track

gl, Jim Fuller