RE: RE: [xsl] GMT to BST converter

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] GMT to BST converter
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 18:39:03 +0100
> When the clock is turned back at the end of Summer Time, does
> the time then become 00:00:01 of the same day or is it set
> back to midnight of the previous day?

I believe that British Summer Time always ends at 3 am, and the clock is set
back to 2 am.

(I heard a little story once, if Tommie will allow me to tell it, of someone
who was up late one Saturday night coding. At 3 am he got a Windows pop-up
"do you want to put the clock back?". Clicks OK, keeps working. An hour
later, at 3 am, another Windows pop-up, "do you want to put the clock
back?".... Don't these guys test anything?)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/