Re: [xsl] breaking string into substrings or arrays (XSLT 1.0 solution) tokenize

Subject: Re: [xsl] breaking string into substrings or arrays (XSLT 1.0 solution) tokenize
From: RahilQ <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:05:29 +0100
Hi

If I want to recognize a sequence of letters and characters such as 'atnnnn' where 'at' are letters and 'nnnn' are numbers between 0-9 what would be the best way to write a token for it ?

Would it be 'at0-9' or something else ?

Possibly trivial but could you please explain what the expression &#xA; in your token below signifies? Is the actual expression this or '#xA;' ?

Thanks
Rahil

Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

If you set the delimiters to:

then the result is:

<word>good morning</word>
<word> can you help me</word>
<word> alpha </word>
<word> alpha beta</word>
<word/>

If you want, you may additionally normalize-space() in a second pass.

Cheers, Dimitre Novatchev