Re: [xsl] XSL-FO & Selecting Attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO & Selecting Attributes
From: "craig webber" <craigwebber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:42:30 +0000
Yes I think I understand this idea. However the transformation still does not include the attribute from the XML document.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Craig.

From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:51:18 +0530

Hi,

        I believe you have misunderstood him. the xpath expression "Item/*"
represents the child nodes of Item. So if you have one template named

<xsl:template match="Item/*">

that would be enough to process all item child nodes like name, description
etc.

You can then do something like

<xsl:template match="Item/*">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

If you need the value of Sector as well, then you need a template for Item
itself as follows:

<xsl:template match="Item">
<xsl:value-of select="@Sector"/>
</xsl:template>

And for those child nodes which need different treatment like image, you do

<xsl:template match="Item/image">
<fo:block>
<fo:external-graphic src='url("{.}")'/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

"craig webber"
<craigwebber@ho To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tmail.com> cc: (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
04/20/2005
07:51 PM
Please respond
to xsl-list

Thanks David,

Your solution does not seem to working. As far as I can make out you are
suggetsing the following approach:

<xsl:template match="Item/*">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="@Sector"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Item/*">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="name"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Item/*">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="description"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Item/*">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="publishDate"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Item/*">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="closingDate"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Item/*">
<fo:block>
<xsl:value-of select="urnNumber"/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="Item/image">
<fo:block>
<fo:external-graphic src='url("{.}")'/>
</fo:block>
</xsl:template>

My "page-sequence" is as follows:

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="page1">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<xsl:apply-templates select="publications/Item"/>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>

Here's my XML document:

<publications>

<header>
<heading>Paragraph Header</heading>
<para1>Para 1 text</para1>
<para2>Para 2 text</para2>
</header>

<Item Sector="Agriculture" response="no">
<name>Poor Farmers Relief Fund</name>
<description>A Consultation on ...</description>
<publishDate>05.01.04</publishDate>
<closingDate>20.02.04</closingDate>
<urnNumber>04/1245</urnNumber>
<image>image.jpg</image>
</Item>

</publications>

The result is a transforamation of the image only. The result should be:

Agriculture
Poor Farmers Relief Fund
A Consultation on ..
05.01.04
20.02.04
04/1245
image

Thanks, Craig Webber.

Find a date, consult a directory and win prizes - only on MSN South Africa!

http://www.msn.co.za/

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in

MSN Messenger 7.0 - more features, more fun, still absolutely FREE! http://messenger.msn.co.za?DI=1054&XAPID=2532